Monday, September 8, 2008

Top 5

September 7, 2008

Stew has been in Florida (for the Jets/Dolphins game) since Thursday. Several hours after he left, Gabriella was given the diagnosis of Chicken Pox. Needless to say, I've had my hands full over the past 4 days, with Gabriella's itchy rash, the two hyper golden retrievers, and the three demanding cats. On the upside, I've certainly learned a few things in Stew's absence:

1. When I think that Gabriella's sock collection is dwindling - it is. If I want proof, all I have to do is go into the backyard and glance at Ellis' stools. When I was on poop duty today (usually Stew does this) I found a colorful collection of torn up cotton socks mixed in with the poopy goodness.

2. Our dogs eat more, much more than dog food and socks. Refer to #1.

3. Stew usually takes Gabriella in the mornings, so that I can get an extra hour or so of sleep. I've learned that I'm missing out on a lot of cute Gabriella moments by sleeping in. She is in such a great mood in the morning. If I sleep in 1 hour every single day for the rest of her toddler/preschool years, that's exactly 1254 hours of cuteness that I am sleeping through.

4. Dirty dishes accumulate much faster than I previously realized.

5. Gabriella really knows a lot of words - I can't keep up with her! I had a sandwich for lunch a couple of hours ago. She opened her mouth to take a bite and then said, "sandwich."

My thoughts at the time = "Hey that's MY sandwich little lady!" and then, "Did you just say, 'sandwich??'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)