Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010

I was just looking at pictures from one year ago, around when Brianna was born. It's hard to believe that almost a year has gone by and how much both of my girls have grown! Sigh.

Gabriella decided she wanted to be a Police Officer for Halloween. She has taught me the importance of using nonsexist language. I was in the habit of saying "Police man" when referring to a Police officer. One day she made a comment that she couldn't be a Police man when she grows up because she's a girl.

:(

ACK!

I am now INCREDIBLY mindful of the words I choose, especially as it pertains to sexist language (e.g., Police Officer instead of Police Man, Firefighter instead of Fireman, Mail Carrier instead of Postman, etc.) Here she is in her Police Officer Costume.

Actually today she corrected me. It's her Police Officer UNIFORM.


I took this picture today and I LOVE it. She and Brianna absolutely adore each other. I was able to capture Gabriella RIGHT when she noticed Brianna doing something in the background (I think she was picking up a leaf). She just looks so authentically adoring of Brianna here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)