Saturday, January 1, 2011

Not living up to the standard

Today Gabriella surpassed a record of calling for me.

MOOOMMMYY

MOOMMMMY

MOOMMMY!

Whether it's wanting a different toy, asking for a drink of water, or telling me that she doesn't want to take a nap, she certainly exercised her lungs with the yelling. Often times I was right next to her, but she still prefers to call me in that particular tone (you know, the one that has just a twinge of whine to it.)

Today I said, "Gabriella, you're really calling for Mommy a lot today! I can't come every single moment. Next, time, please come to me to tell me what you need."

She paused for a few moments and then she said, "When I'm a Mommy I won't mind if my kids call for me. They can call for me all day long and I won't mind."

Guilt.

I hope she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)