Uncle Josh is going to be looking for a long time if he wants to find his Walnut-Headed niece.
Let me explain the story.
Gabriella went to the doctor today. We thought we were taking the Walnut-Headed Niece.
Don't get us wrong, we still love her. Walnuts or not.
And she loves her Dad. He's actually probably where she got her melon from anyway.
Dr. Denise, our favorite doctor, checked her out. At this point, we didn't know she was missing.
Dr. Denise took all of Gabriella's measurements and did a full exam. Dr. Denise is smart. She doesn't give the vaccinations. She leaves the room and has one of the nurses administer the cruelty.
Right before the vaccinations we realized we had lost her. The Walnut-Head was gone! That's right, Gabriella's melon is now in the 50th percentile. Uncle Josh can't call anyone Walnut-Headed anymore. (Gabriella's head size was initially in the 10th percentile, and then she moved to the 25th percentile...now her head is the real deal.)
Her height and weight were in the 75th percentile. Everything checked out okay. She took the vaccinations like a trooper (who am I kidding? She screamed bloody murder and looked at Stew and I like WE were the ones inflicting the torture!)

This time we were prepared. We gave her Tylenol when we got home, because we knew her legs would start hurting (like they did last time.) I just hope that I get a little better at giving her the Tylenol. I'm not even sure that she got half of the dose, based on the amount that landed on her face and bib.

All in all, we were glad that she was doing well. No longer will I have to hear head-jokes from my brother. I'm 32 and still dealing with big-brother ridicule.
This time we were prepared. We gave her Tylenol when we got home, because we knew her legs would start hurting (like they did last time.) I just hope that I get a little better at giving her the Tylenol. I'm not even sure that she got half of the dose, based on the amount that landed on her face and bib.
All in all, we were glad that she was doing well. No longer will I have to hear head-jokes from my brother. I'm 32 and still dealing with big-brother ridicule.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)