Sunday, July 29, 2007

Daddy's Day Out

July 29, 2007
Age 5 months, one week
I had a lot of work to do this weekend, so Stew decided to take Gabriella out for the day, so that I could be more productive. It was good (I got a lot of work done) but not good because I soooo wanted to be with them!!
Such a good Daddy...


Gabriella is developing in leaps and bounds, it seems. She now easily rolls over from tummy to back and ALMOST rolls over from back to tummy (mostly just rolls from back to side.) She reaches for things and grasps them. She sits up and can hold herself steady for brief periods of time. This last developmental piece is wild to me. It's almost like she's a little kid already! And of course she loves standing. It cracks me up to see this two foot little monkey standing upright!

She has started sucking her thumb more. I'm not sure if this is going to become a habit, or if it's just exploration at this point. Either way, it's pretty darn cute. She has also become attached to her blankets and stuffed animals. She has to have one or the other next to her when she goes to sleep. Last night she was crying like a crazed baby when I put her down. I grabbed her bedtime bear and put it next to her cheek. Like a light switch her tears turned off and she closed her eyes. I included a link on the right to her favorite bear blanket. I swear - this thing is great! If anyone is struggling with what to buy someone with a baby.. these are fabulous. And, they come in different themes (lambs, frogs, etc.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)