Monday, September 7, 2009

Updates

It's been a while so I'll post a few quick updates:

1.) Gabriella has become infatuated with baby shows on television (the ones on TLC about real couples having babies.) Today she told me that she was going to the hospital to have a baby. I asked her, "Are you going to push?" She replied, "No, I'm going to have a c-section."
?
Maybe she's watching a little TOO much of those baby shows!

2.) A few weeks ago she decided she wanted to wear underwear. I told her that she could, after she goes poop in the potty. A few minutes later, she went poop in the potty and now she's in underwear during the day. I guess this is just how it happens, I'm just amazed - she still wears a diaper at night but she's essentially potty trained during the day. The only pitfall is that she really likes to try and wipe her bottom by herself. This has created a couple of messy situations... but it's still better than diapers!

Yesterday she bragged to me that she cleaned out her little potty by herself after she pooped. "I scooped up water from the toilet," she exclaimed excitedly, "and then I dumped it in the shower!"

"You did what??"

Even more excitedly, "I scooped up water in the toilet and dumped it in the shower!! All by myself!"

"That's great Gabriella..." (a little less enthusiastically.)

3.) The other day she told Stew that she wanted to visit Grandpa at the hospital, "when he's done dying."

4.) Cute words that she still says incorrectly and we love (we still won't correct her, in fact we'll say it wrong too trying to prolong her mispronunciation.)
- restrunk (restaurant)
- chopstick (chapstick)
- bilical cord ('conveyor belt' at the grocery store)
- bilical cord (umbilical cord)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)