June 25, 2008

Up until 1.5 weeks ago I considered our crib to be the most expensive decorative item in the nursery. Sometimes we used it to put to-be-folded laundry in it, but it was almost never used for sleeping.
Last week, when we returned from Orlando, we took advantage of the transition and decided to put her to bed in her crib. For the first time ever, she didn't go berzerk - maybe a few brief sqeaks, but that was it. And wouldn't you know, she slept throughout the night!
Now, a week and a half later, she is going to bed easily (squeak-free) around 6pm, and sleeping until 6am! I don't even know what to do with all that free time! Stew and I were talking about how it feels like the "old days" again - quality husband time, each of us rested in the morning, etc. The downside? Well, we get home around 5 or 5:30pm, and we have time for her dinner, bath, and pretty much straight to bed. :(
We miss her!
Nonetheless, the value of Gabriella's crib has quadrupled. We're actually getting our money's worth out of it. I'm also thankful for the time I get to spend alone with Stew again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)