Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June 3, 2008
Age 15 months, 1 week

So Gabriella is doing a lot of cute things lately. She has learned to give hugs, which I especially like. She also loves to blow kisses, right along with sound effects. Her language development has also exploded lately. At her doctor's appt last week, the nurse asked us how many words she knows. While waiting for the doctor to come in, we began counting the words that Gabriella has down. I couldn't believe we were able to come up with 22 words! Two days later we were visiting Stew's family and Gabriella saw a toy car, "CAR" she exclaimed, as she ran over to it. Okay, so I guess that's 23 words... and so that's how it's been happening for us lately. We're pretty awestruck by her most of the time.
Grandma Gabrielle taught her the most important word, "No." Only Grandma thought it would be fun to teach it as a song, "No no no no no" accompanied by some melody. Ha ha, real funny Grandma. Gabriella learned, while in Seattle, that certain actions will be accompanied by this funny word, "No." Here's a picture:
I'm not convinced that she really understands what "no" means. I think she understands it to mean "stuff in the cupboard that's really fun to play with." Now that we're home, she'll try to open the cupboard and say "No" at the same time. Or, when she takes stuff out of the cupboard, she'll say "no" as she's doing it. Apparently cooking oil, coffee filters, and funnels, are all called, "No." That makes things easy, huh?

When I came home from work yesterday, Stew was already here with Gabriella. She immediately ran into the bedroom to get her stuffed dog, and then ran into the living room, next to the glider chair. She wanted some snuggle time. :) How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)