Monday, September 10, 2007

Doctor's Appt

Gabriella had her 6 month check up and I haven't posted the pictures yet... I wish I could figure out how to attach videos because some of them are pretty cute.

Overall, the doctor gave her a thumbs up. I forget her actual measurements, but her height was in the 90th percentile, and her weight was in the 50th percentile. I don't place much stock in these though, as there seems to be quite a margin of error in their abilities to take reliable measurements (e.g., squirming baby.)

Stew and G - pre vaccinations
"Mom! Don't make me do it!"


Our normal doctor is still out on maternity leave. This doctor (I forget his name) holds a special place in my heart because he was the very first pediatrician to exam Gabriella after her birth. I was still a little delirious when he visited me in my hospital room.
She has just started on the whole stranger anxiety thing (see below.)

And finally came the vaccinations (nurse came back in to do this, of course.) She took them like a screaming banchee. Poor kid.
Upside is that she got the next two days off from daycare because of her "vaccine fever." Dad and baby enjoyed a couple of "sick days" together.
A little cherry-flavored Tylenol helps with the fever. We learned to give it to her naked, as half of it ends up outside of her mouth. What a cutie. Fever or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)