So we're introducing Gabriella to a variety of foods (so far it has been rice cereal, avocado, and paper.) The latter was by accident, sorta.
The past few days I thought I'd try banana with her. As with the previous foods, she's really not that interested in eating. She tastes a little, spits most of it back out, and quickly becomes bored. I used to assume this meant she was full, but I quickly learned this wasn't the case (as she breastfeeds after eating..?) So, upon recommendation from the doctor, we breastfeed first and then offer food. Our pattern has evolved into: breastfeed, eat 1 tsp. at most, breastfeed, sleep.
So, I thought I'd switch it up! She loves sucking on her toes, nibbling on her fingers, stuffing anything she can into her mouth. I decided I'd put the mushed up banana/breastmilk combination on her high chair table. Good baby would dip her hands in it and eventually put her hands in her mouth, per usual pattern. I'm a genius.
This isn't how it turned out though.
Banana was put on table. Hand was put in banana.
Banana was in hair, banana was on cheek, banana was not put in mouth.
Banana was on ear, banana was on onesie, banana was still not put in mouth.
Banana was all over sides of high chair, banana was on elbow (?), banana was not in mouth.
Banana was now all over both hands, and all over face, banana never made it to her mouth.
Ah ha! I'll put banana on toes! She'll never know!
She knew.
Repeat above paragraph.
I gave G a bath and nursed her. She fell right to sleep. No banana. Baby wins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You do not have to join GOOGLE to leave us a message. Simply type in your message and your name! (Unclick where it says "Google User" or whatever...)